Nedbank bursary — are you a trainee in South Africa? Are you in need of financial support in your research studies? Is your kid in need of financial support? You need to use for a Nedbank nursery if you belong to the group asking these concerns.
Our country is still establishing and requires the contribution of talents to make the most of development. Unfortunately, the majority of these talents are lying waste. Young talents who are expected to establish themselves and in turn support the nation are gradually quiting on their dreams.
This is an outcome of the failure to secure quality and sound education/ academic materials. Absence of finance and the high cost of education is impeding a lot of appealing trainees from getting required skills.
It is because of these awful situations that philanthropic influencers, associations, financial groups, government, and NGOs actioned in.
These groups in a quote to assist deserving students to gain access to quality education, offer scholarships, bursaries, grants, and lots of other programs.
Financial institutions like Nedbank, Capitec bank, and Absa are prominent in this. these institutions help students who are not strong financially through the issuance of scholarships, grants, and bursaries.
Consequentially, the Nedbank bursary is one of the programs through which this bank reaches out to financially unstable students with academic prowess.
Nedbank was created in 2003. Despite its age, the bank is one of the top 4 biggest banks in South Africa. The bank is branched into other countries in southern Africa like Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Namibia, etc. where it offers retail banking services, wholesale banking services, insurance, and asset management.
Apart from these banking services, the bank also offers humanitarian/philanthropic services. These philanthropic services support people and accelerate development. The Nedbank bursary is one of them.
A bursary is a financial assistance given to a person/people who cannot sponsor their education. Bursaries are given by financial institutions or groups. Also, it is different from a scholarship. It is different in the sense that the beneficiary of a bursary will be working for his/her benefactor.
As a result, bursaries are usually given to students in specific fields of study. The Nedbank bursary is for students who are studying or plan on studying in any field of study in line with the bank’s educational trust and green economy skills.
Criteria for Nedbank Bursary Application
From what we said earlier, the Nedbank bursary is for students in certain fields of study. These fields of study include:
- Business science
- Computer science
- Business and management
- Quantitative risk management
- Industrial engineering
- Information technology; and
- Financial management
In addition to that, applicants must meet some requirements before applying for Nedbank bursaries. These requirements include:
- Firstly, the Nedbank bank bursary is for south African citizens only;
- Consequentially, applicants must produce a valid means of identification (national ID, or any other official ID);
- Applicants must be studying or intends to study in the fields of study listed earlier;
- A declaration of household income, to prove that you are in financial need;
- All studies will be done in accredited institutions in South Africa;
- Candidates must be up to 18 years and not more than 25years of age at the time of application;
- Also, a minimum rating of 70% in academics in the year you are applying for the bursary;
- An average of 65% in all subjects that comes with the degree you plan to or currently studying in the university;
- Applicants who completed grade 12 on account of mathematical literacy are not eligible
- No past criminal record.
Documents for application
In addition to those requirements, the following official documents will be available:
- A copy of your South African identity card;
- Recent academic transcript. This can be a grade 11 final result plus the mid-year result if you are in grade 12. Also, grade 12 final results plus mid-year results if you are in the university. Also, it can be the final results, plus the mid-year results, of the academic year before your current year in the university.
- A document for your household income. Which must be signed by the applicant and his / her parents/guardians.
How to apply for a Nedbank bursary
To apply for a Nedbank bursary, follow the steps below:
- Download a financial checks affidavit which will be signed by both your and your guardians. Click HERE to download the affidavit;
- You will now proceed to the Nedbank bursary application site. Click HERE to go there;
- Register as a user by creating an account;
- Fill in your details and accept the terms and conditions in the form to proceed;
- In the application, you will be required to upload all supporting documents. Upload all documents marked with a red asterisk;
- Also, save your application after every upload to avoid data;
- Proceed to fill all personal information details in the boxes marked with red asterix;
- Proceed to fill in the ‘previous work history’ details if you have any. If you don’t have any work experience, use the ‘remove’ button to skip this part;
- Fill in the details of certificates for any training you had. If you do not have any, use the remove button also to skip;
- Fill in the languages you are proficient in;
- You will move into the job-specific section;
- Fill all the fields here according to your level of study;
- Also, supply your most recent academic transcript as explained above;
- After filling every field in this section, proceed to accept the disclaimer regarding the completeness and correctness of information; and
- Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. Use the ‘save’ option to save your application details if you do not plan on submitting them immediately.
- A confirmation message will appear once you are done.
Nedbank bursary application deadline
The deadline for the application of the Nedbank bursary is 30th June 2022. However, early application is to the benefit of the applicant. This is because there is a limit to the number of students that will be selected.